Our Neighborhood Nurse Center
We are proud to partner with Penrose-St. Francis to offer consultations with an onsite Faith Community Nurse for uninsured and under-insured patients in northern El Paso County. We are one of three community outreach sites offering this service where clients can schedule an appointment to be seen for minor medical issues or a compassionate listening ear.
Healing is profoundly spiritual and Penrose-St. Francis has a commitment to the whole person. The physical, emotional and spiritual health of an individual is assessed by the Nurse, and she can coach individuals through health issues that may have a foundational spiritual or social need underlying a medical need.
- Thorough nursing assessment
- Connect with medical providers (doctors, dental, vision, mental health)
- Assist with insurance resources
- Financial assistance for prescriptions, co-pays
- Advocate for unmet medical needs
- Emotional and spiritual conversations and prayer
- Preventative and chronic disease management
- Health education
- Blood pressure checks
Mondays: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Tuesdays: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Thursdays: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Our Durable Medical Equipment Loan Closet is available to anyone in the community. We loan out items such as wheelchairs, walkers, shower chairs, crutches, canes, etc. based on availability.
Loans are made at no cost and you can keep the equipment as long as needed.
To donate items, please contact Nurse Cindy below.