We offer limited financial assistance to eligible households in northern El Paso County. Financial assistance may include help with rent, mortgage, utilities, car repairs, medical bills, prescriptions, co-pay assistance or other needs. We aso help individuals and families navigate their circumstances with a plan towards stability.
All requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis with a Case Manager, prior to any decision made. While we try to accommodate as many requests as possible, financial assistance is not guaranteed.
Working with your landlord, our Case Managers can often help with past due or current rent or mortgage payments. To receive help you will need to reside in our service area and meet financial eligibility requirements.
Our Case Managers will work with your utility provider – gas, electric, water, propane, etc, – to help make past due or current payments. To receive help you will need to reside in our service area and meet financial eligibility requirements.
Home Repair Help
Sometimes an unexpected repair such a furnace or water heater happens. Our Case Managers can work with you through referrals to other nonprofit organizations to get those needs met.
Our Case Managers can provide food and other transient supplies as well as referral information to providers in Colorado Springs, helping with transportation needs.
Other Financial Needs
Making the decision to pay your rent or meet a medical need is hardship no one should face. In partnership with Penrose-St Francis, our Neighborhood Nurse Center can help alleviate this struggle.
Sometimes you just need a little help to keep your car running to get to work, school or medical appointments. Working with local partners, our Case Managers can help in creative ways to keep you on the road.
A Need Not Listed?
We know that the unexpected can happen anytime. Call and speak with one of our Case Managers to find out if we can help.
Do You Qualify?
Read our income guidelines, required documentation, and service areas below. If you are uncertain if you qualify, please contact our Intake Specialist below and we can help determine the right program for you.
Eligibility for financial assistance is based on household income. If your income is within the guidelines to the right, you may be eligible for financial assistance. We use a variety of funding sources and assistance may vary based on these guidelines.
Assistance made varies by individual and/or family unit, based on circumstances. Need and eligibility is assessed on a case-by-case basis by Case Managers.
- Proof of residence: Lease/rental agreement, mortgage statement, and/or utility bill in your name or name of someone living in your household.
- Proof of identification: For everyone living in your household – Photo ID for all adults, 18 or older; Social Security card or birth certificate for youth under age of 18; or student ID card for youth in middle and/or high school
- Proof of income (for all wage earners in the household, age 18 or older): This may include most recent paycheck stubs (past 30 days), proof of unemployment, Social Security award letters, child support verification, and any additional documents.8
We serve northern El Paso County in Colorado, with our financial assistance programs, restricted to the zip codes listed below.
- Monument (80132)
- Palmer Lake (80133),
- Gleneagle/northern Colorado Springs (80921)
- Air Force Academy (80840)
- Portions of Black Forest (80908; roughly north of Burgess Road and west of Meridian Road).