Tri-Lakes Cares strives to meet basic medical needs of clients through our Neighborhood Nurse Center made possible through our partnership with Penrose-St. Francis / Centura Health.
We are currently seeking donations of the following medical-related equipment.
- Cool Mist Humidifiers (5)
All donated products should be new and un-opened.
Tri-Lakes Cares also maintains a medical equipment loan closet. If you have medical equipment you wish to donate, please contact Nurse Cindy Stickel, (719) 481-4864 x 103 or via email at CindyStickel@Centura.org to determine need.
Due to liability issues, Tri-Lakes Cares cannot accept any prescription or over-the-counter medications.
How to dispose of Prescription Medications properly.
There are several options:
- Check your prescription for recommended disposal directions.
- If you would like more information about turning your medications in, call:
- Walgreens @ 3480 N. Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs – 719-380-9438
- Mission Medical Clinic, Colorado Springs – 719-219-3402
- Monument Police Department – 719-481-3253. There is a medical disposal bin located in the Monument Police Department at the Monument Town Hall.
- If you plan on disposing of your drugs follow these instructions:
- Remove medications from their original containers, and remove or destroy any labels.
- Mix them in an undesirable substance like used coffee grounds, food waste or cat litter.
- Seal the mixture in a container or plastic bag.
- Discard the container or bag in with other garbage.
Proper disposal can avoid the poisoning of children or pets, misuse by others, keep chemicals from entering streams and rivers, and ensure you don’t take any medications that are out of date. When you think about it in that way, the effort is definitely worth it.
For more information, visit www.fda.gov