Tri-Lakes Cares strives to meet basic medical needs of clients through our Neighborhood Nurse Center made possible through our partnership with Penrose-St. Francis / Centura Health.
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Donations
The DME Loan Closet is free of charge to anyone in the community who has a temporary need for a piece of durable medical equipment such as canes, walkers, commodes, crutches, knee scooters, wheel chairs, toilet seat risers, and shower chairs. Please contact Nurse Cindy at 719-481-4864, ext 103 or via email at CindyStickel@Centura.org for more information.
|DME (available at TLC)||DME (not available at TLC)|
|Wheelchairs (non-motorized)||Oxygen Tanks|
|Toilet seat risers||Dressings, lotions, etc.|
Donations of Medications (Over-the-Counter & Prescriptions)
Due to liability issues, Tri-Lakes Cares cannot accept any over-the counter medications or prescription medications.
How to dispose of Prescription Medications properly.
There are several options:
- Check your prescription for recommended disposal directions.
- If you would like more information about turning your medications in, call:
- Walgreens @ 3480 N. Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs – 719-380-9438
- Mission Medical Clinic, Colorado Springs – 719-219-3402
- Monument Police Department – 719-481-3253. There is a medical disposal bin located in the Monument Police Department at the Monument Town Hall.
- If you plan on disposing of your drugs follow these instructions:
- Remove medications from their original containers, and remove or destroy any labels.
- Mix them in an undesirable substance like used coffee grounds, food waste or cat litter.
- Seal the mixture in a container or plastic bag.
- Discard the container or bag in with other garbage.
Proper disposal can avoid the poisoning of children or pets, misuse by others, keep chemicals from entering streams and rivers, and ensure you don’t take any medications that are out of date. When you think about it in that way, the effort is definitely worth it.
For more information, visit www.fda.gov