Tri-Lakes Cares Donation Guidelines
Tri-Lakes Cares (TLC) offers a number of food assistance programs, so we gratefully accept donations of unopened, unexpired food items and sundries.
It is difficult to say “no thank you” to generous donation offers. However, because TLC does not have the facility space or staffing capacity to process donations of secondhand goods, we are unable to accept donations of used items (such as used clothing, used books and magazines, used housewares, used car seats, used strollers, etc.) **see limited exceptions below
TLC is fortunate to have community partners who provide quality used merchandise to TLC clients. We encourage community members to consider donating secondhand items to a local charitable organization such as:
- Goodwill: 719-481-5697
- Mission Medical: 719-219-3402
- Silver Key: 719-884-2366
- Arc Thrift Store: 719-265-1905
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore: 719-667-0840
- Tri-Lakes Silver Alliance Thrift Store: 719-464-6873
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Donations of durable medical equipment support Tri-Lakes Cares’ DME Loan Closet. TLC offers the DME Loan Closet program free of charge to anyone in the community who has a temporary need for a piece of durable medical equipment.
- TLC accepts the following secondhand items: canes, walkers, commodes, crutches, knee scooters, wheel chairs, toilet seat risers, and shower chairs.
- TLC cannot accept the following: medications, prescriptions, leg braces, tubing, formulas, oxygen tanks, dressings, lotions, etc.
- Large Durable Items
- TLC cannot accept or store donations of large furniture, appliances, or other large durable items.
- If you are interested in offering a large durable item, such as furniture or an appliance, please contact Paula Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TLC’s case management team will assess items on a case-by-case basis. If a donation offer meets the prospective needs of TLC clients, a TLC staff member will ask the donor to submit a picture of the item to post on TLC’s client resources bulletin board.
- If a client indicates interest in the posted item, a TLC staff member will contact the donor and the donor will be responsible for arranging delivery of the item directly to the client.
Download our guidelines for future reference: Tri-Lakes Cares Donation Guidelines